Saturday, September 25, 2010

running out of time

Do you ever feel like you're running out of time?

Imagine:

You're running in a scary, dark tunnel.  Every sound around you sounds terrifying and evil--like whatever its source, it's about to jump at you and tear you to pieces.  If only, if only, you could get to the end.  That light, that beautiful light.  You're running; faster than you ever thought you could run.... You tell yourself, Al-most--there as you're panting for breath....  Then finally, at last, you reach the end--still running, into the light.

Oh, but it's raining.  Things aren't that great on the outside either.



That's pretty much how I felt the other day when I spent THREE HOURS making gnocchi.  Dinner time came and went.  Then, when the gnocchi was finally ready, it wasn't even that spectacular.  You'd think such a marathon would merit a great finish.  Right?  Oh well.

So, I decided to draw a picture of just the funny thought I had in my head--running out of "time". :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you exactly put into words what I have been feeling like. One of my friends was talking to me about it this am, and I noticed she posted something from EB White today - "I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult."
    - E. B. White

    ReplyDelete