Monday, September 27, 2010

Bubber

My son has been playing with a trial-size of Playdoh for months now.  He got it at a birthday party and loved it.  Sadly, I have consistently forgotten to get him more.  (Which is especially sad when I am probably at Walmart twice a week or more.....)

Without knowing this, my mother-in-law offered to get him something called Bubber for his third birthday (last week). Bubber sounded like a great solution to my failure to increase our Playdoh supply. It was supposed to be a cross between Playdoh and Styrofoam...or something like that.  I can't quite remember the description; all I remember thinking is, "sounds PERFECT!"

I think a part of the description, though, should have included something like "Warning: User must have extremely active imagination for ultimate enjoyment of product."

Or even better: "Warning! If you want to make things that actually resemble something real, use another product!"

In my head, this is what I was imagining after my countless failed attempts at making recognizable objects....





Although, I must say that honestly, I asked Elijah to pose for this, so you can't take it all too seriously.  I was extremely frustrated by my inability to make things, but he was having a great time waiting patiently for me; all the while squeezing Bubber between his fingers.  This is a more accurate picture of what was going on:




Thanks, Grandma, for a gift he is surely enjoying!!

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the first picture of Elijah with a sad face I thought - I can't believe he's not smiling! He always smiles! And then I read further .... bad funny mommy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete