Thursday, September 16, 2010

carrot soup

I didn't think to post this until after I had dumped the contents of the leftover soup into a bag to freeze it, so, regretfully, I don't have a beautiful picture of this soup brimming on the stove.  But, I figured I'd share the recipe with you nonetheless because it's super yummy and healthy too! :D  My toddler loves it.  Actually, I have quite a few pureed soup recipes that my son (and the rest of us) love.  I'm sure I'll be sharing them with you as the colder months approach.  They are my go-to on any day I'm feeling tired, or just want a warm bowl of yummy soup to end my day in comfort!

Here's one of two carrot soup recipes I have.  This one tastes more heavily of carrot, so make sure you use good, sweet carrots that aren't too old. :)


4c. Chicken Broth
2c. water
1 package dry onion soup (or, one fresh onion with seasonings)
2lbs. Carrots scrubbed and sliced
dash of nutmeg
1/4c. peanut butter
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
dash of tobasco/ hot sauce (if you want--I didn't have any on hand to add)
Simmer all ingredients in a pot 15-30 min.  (With the kids and all, I actually let mine sit for an hour or so--don't think it really matters...)   Puree. Enjoy!!


I put what was left in a freezer bag for another time.  This is something I love doing with our soups.  On a really busy day, I can just take it out of the freezer--add some salad and bread and that's it!  Dinner is served!


No comments:

Post a Comment