Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Really, did I do that??

Do you ever look back at your life, a little bit shocked at things you remember doing?  Like, "Really??  I did that??  I can't ever imagine myself doing that..."  It's amazing how we change.  Our perceptions of the world and the limits we put on ourselves vary so much depending on the factors affecting us at any given moment.

I guess the lack of an ipod or other such nifty device means I actually have to figure out what to do with my mind when I'm at the gym--sadly I can't just let my mind drift into musical nonthought....that wonderful mental absence that I wish I could recreate but can't seem to without the help of some technical device....

Anyway, I was thinking, (as I sat there at the weight machines feeling like everyone else at the Y knew I had no idea what I was doing), or more accurately, remembering, some of those "really??" moments...

I thought you might get a chuckle out of some of the ones I remembered....

*Walking through the mall in high school with a "Libby-terian Party: Libby for President!" poster getting pictures with anyone who would pay me any mind....  This was, of course, a class project of some sorts.  One I'm sure I took way out of hand.  And it didn't help that I had dyed my hair pink at the time.

*Dumping a plate full of food on someone's head my freshman year of college.  You don't believe it?  Neither do I....  What kind of person am I!?!?!  This guy was totally unassuming, just sitting behind me at another table... I knew him a little bit, but I'm not sure he ever talked to me much after that. (I wonder why--hmm.)  What in the world would possess a person to do such a thing??

*Going out with someone in high school who not only couldn't use grammar properly, but also wanted to be a television evangelist.  I even thought I wanted to marry him.  Say WHAT?!  I know what you're thinking--I was probably drugged.  And you're probably right....  (No, not really.  But seriously, those are about the two worst things to be against a guy--can't speak AND wants to be a tv preacher?? EEK!)

*No lie: I used to walk behind this guy in fifth grade who I had a crush on when we had "ACE" at the end of the school day ("Aerobic Conditioning Exercise").  We had to walk around the field over and over again until the buses got there to take us home.  I have no idea how much time it actually was generally, but I do know that pretty much the entire time we circled the fields, I would walk behind this guy and kick his calves.  Over and over and over again.  Oh, I'm sure he was bruised.  And I'm not sure why he never turned around and tackled me to the ground.



Okay, time's up for reminiscing.  For now.  Perhaps we'll continue this again some time...  Just to remind everyone how far I've come. ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment