Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shutterfly

So, I just got a Shutterfly account and suddenly I'm getting lots of free stuff.  I'm loving it!  First, somehow I got an email for a free 8x8 hard cover photo book.  Then, once starting a Shutterfly account, I got 50 free prints.  Now (just a week later!), Shutterfly is offering bloggers 50 FREE cards just by talking about Shutterfly's products on their blog.  Can you even believe it?!  I love the free wagon.  I wish it came around more often.

For any of you out there who blog but haven't yet signed up to get in on those 50 free cards, here's the link: 50 Free Holiday Cards from Shutterfly

And for the rest of you who don't blog yourself, but are weird enough to read other people's musings, let me tell you a little about the coolness of Shutterfly.  In the past, I've mostly used sites like this solely to upload photos and then have them printed.  Cheaper than going to any nearby stores, and I like the quality.  But my recent interlude with Shutterfly has really opened my eyes.  It's amazing all the things you can do with your photos!!

For example, I'm having a girls holiday party--I totally could have made super-cute personalized cards on Shutterfly and sent them out.  Check Holiday Invitation ideas out here.

Or,  I could make my own personal tags to put on the gifts I give.  Check out Tag ideas here.   I love the idea of making personalized gift tags on Shutterfly.  It's something I wish I had time to do by hand, making really cute personalized tags for each gift, but there's no way I'd really have time with two small kids in the house.  Making them on Shutterfly actually seems reasonable!

I'm excited to be getting 50 free cards; they have some really fantastic choices!  Check out Christmas Cards here.  I'm not sure that it will be easy to decide which one to use!!

I've never done personalized holiday cards before, but last year a large portion of the cards we were given were personalized with a family photo.  This may be really strange, but I've always kept these kind of cards.  I have personalized Christmas cards from a family I used to babysit for spanning at least 7 years.  I love looking at the progression of how the kids grow!!  They aren't things I look at often, but maybe once or twice a year.  With this Shutterfly offer, and thinking of those cards we've been given, I'm starting to think maybe we should be making it a new tradition in our house!  It is such a great excuse to get a family picture, and an easy way to give others a quick glimpse into how we're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment