Monday, November 8, 2010

"Rest for Me" To the tune of "Respect" by Aretha Franklin

After both kids kept me up last night, I found myself changing the lyrics of the song Respect into something a little more applicable to my day today....  Rest.  Boy I need it.  You know I want it.

So anyway, here's just something to make you laugh.  You can sing it to yourself next time the kids are wearing you down! (Or, of course, you can just take the idea and change it to whatever circumstance is more applicable to you right now.)



(oo)  What I want
(oo)  Baby, you got it
(oo)  What I need
(oo)  You got more of it
(oo)  All I’m askin’Is for a little rest when I’m at home (just a little bit)
Hey children (just a little bit) when we’re at home
(just a little bit) kiddos (just a little bit)
I ain’t gonna sleep all the day long
Ain’t gonna be gone (oo) far too long (oo)
All I’m askin’ (oo)
Is for a little rest when I’m at home (just a little bit)
Children (just a little bit) when we’re at home (just a little bit)
Yeah (just a little bit)
Baby you’ll sleep, but your brother won’t
I need some rest, even one eye closed
Just give me a little down time
When I’m at home (just a, just a, just a, just a)
Yeah kids (just a, just a, just a, just a, just a)
When we’re at home (just a little bit)
Yeah (just a little bit)
----instrumental break----
Oooh, your smiles are
Sweeter than honey.
But I can’t stand it
when you’re whiney.
All I want you to do (oo) for me
Is give me some rest when we’re home (rest, rest, rest, rest)
Yeah kiddos (rest, rest, rest, rest)
Give it to me (rest, just a little bit)
Now and then (just as little bit)
R-E-S-T for me
Find out how great it’d be
R-E-S-T for me
Things would be better--you’ll see
Oh (give it to me, give it to me, give it to me, give it to me)
A little rest (give it to me, give it to me, give it to me, give it to me)
Woah, children (just a little bit)
A little rest (just a little bit)
I get tired (just a little bit)
Keep on tryin’ (just a little bit)
You’re runnin’ out of time outs (just a little bit)
And I ain’t lyin’ (just a little bit)
(rest, rest, rest, rest) for me
When we’re at home (just sometimes)
Or you might walk in (rest for me, just a little bit)
And find I’m hidin’ (just a little bit)
Somewhere quiet (just a little bit)
Just to find a little rest (just a little bit)

2 comments:

  1. oh baby, what a great lament!!! there are a lot of moms who will sing along with you --

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo, make a version for me but geared toward fussy teens! LOL! I need a motivation song to sing to them!

    ReplyDelete