Sunday, December 5, 2010

The key to having a great party

I love love love having people over.  Our house isn't big or gorgeous, and I certainly don't keep it spotlessly clean.  But, that doesn't keep me from inviting people over every chance I get.

Today I had my first Pampered Chef party, and I think it went pretty well.  It definitely got me motivated to have another holiday party next year--but I'm thinking maybe I'll do a "caroling" party instead.  Who knows; really, I have an entire year to decide.  No rush!

Since my party went so well, I figured I'd let you guys in on a little secret to party success.  Some of my guests were wondering how I could have such an amazing array of food and yet have two small children to take care of during the week (and a husband too, don't forget!).  Here it is (shhhh, don't tell....):

PLAN, PLAN, PLAN!

I made sure to organize everything from what dishes I would prepare to what days I would prepare them to what time I should set them out on the table the day of the party.  Tuesday I made caramel chex mix.  Wednesday I got the pomegranate ready.  Thursday I made egg nog pie.  Friday I went grocery shopping for the rest of the ingredients I needed and also made cream cheese mints.  Saturday I made brownies (for the show) and pumpkin mousse.  I chopped all the veggies for the veggie tray.  I also took a couple of minutes to make some holiday-themed lanterns.  (Remember these lanterns?  So versatile!)  Sunday, I got some mulled cider ready in the crock pot hours before the party, and quick put together some "pigs in a blanket."  Tada!  That's it!

Here's some of what I made:

Fudgy Brownies
Pumpkin Mousse
Cream Cheese Mints
Pigs in a Blanket

Okay, go to it!  Plan your own party and HAVE FUN! :D


Pumpkin Mousse


Egg Nog Pie


Veggies and Pomegranate


Caramel Chex Mix, Cream Cheese Mints and Lanterns

2 comments:

  1. ooh, i wanna come to your party! so pretty! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are AMAZING!!! just where did you get your party talent -- not from me - that's for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete