Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SRT

There is little that I actually know about physics, though I do try hard to listen when my DH (darling husband) tries to explain things to me.  For the most part, I do really want to know what he's talking about. There's something sad about being married to someone whose daily work consists of things you don't hardly comprehend.  Sometimes I wonder if it's much like having a spy for a spouse or something.... They go to work and come home, and your dinner conversation is almost never about the particulars of the work day.  (or at least, that's how they show it in the movies, right??)  But, alas, I digress.... this post is about something different entirely.


DH has been working this summer on something called an SRT (small radio telescope).  I'm working on a display for him to put in the science building at the college so that the average passerby can get an idea of what that thing-on-top-of-the-building-that-looks-like-a-tv-satellite actually does.  While taking some pictures for the display, I got a glimpse of what I thought might be a great picture.  I couldn't actually look at what I was photographing because the light was far too strong, but I think the final image was pretty exciting.  But I'll let you decide if you agree!

1 comment:

  1. great photo of whatever it is!! LOL love the sunshine and the blue sky!

    ReplyDelete