Sunday, February 6, 2011

heart muffins!

I was making banana chocolate chip muffins for a Valentine's Day gathering last Friday and was trying to come up with a way to make the yellow and brown muffins a bit more festive.  I found some ideas online about forming aluminum circle muffin liners into hearts, and then baking them on a cookie sheet.  Sounded perfect!  The only problem was that my muffin batter ended up being pretty stiff--it was the first time I had made this particular recipe, so I didn't have any prior knowledge about the final consistency.  The stiff batter proved to be a little tricky to get into the heart-shaped muffin liners, but, I persevered!  It was definitely worth it.  But, the next time I attempt hearts, I will definitely use a softer batter.  Here are some pictures of the results.  I would encourage you all to make some heart muffins this Valentine's Day--they'll be a hit no matter where you take them!






No comments:

Post a Comment