Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Signs of Maturity

There's been a lot of snow here lately and you can see people out shoveling their walkways.  You can also see people dusting the accumulated snow off their cars in order to get to where they need to be.  I hadn't thought much of this until I passed a couple of cars on the road the other day that looked like they should still be parked on the side of the road.  Unlike the rest of us doing major snow-removal, on their cars, just one or two small circles were carved out of the blanketed snow on the front windshield.  They could only see the outside world as much as that small disk uncovered.

I live a stone's throw from a college campus, so it certainly didn't come as a surprise to see such a car.  It did make me realize, though, that somewhere along the line I must have gotten a little more mature and responsible.... because gone for me are the days of only carving out one tiny circle directly in front of the driver's side window.  I actually go through the trouble of trying to get as much snow as I can from all sides of the car.  On top of that, I make sure that the front and back windshields as well as the passenger and driver's side windows are completely cleared.

I'm not sure if it's parenthood to blame on my maturity, or just growing older.  I am over a quarter-century old now.  Guess it should count for something.  Whatever the cause, maturity has definitely been taking hold of certain aspects of my life. Removing snow from my car is just one sign of the change.  With maturity, though, also comes expectations..... I can't imagine what others would think of me if they saw me driving around in what looked like a gas-powered snow monster with one cyclops eye!




There it is, my Pyrite Mica Rav4 all cleaned off and ready to ride.

2 comments:

  1. I also took the time to shovel the snow off the driveway and cleaned off my car. I even started my car just to melt the ice off the windshield even though I wasn't going out for a few hours! And then I made dinner!!!!!! What a day ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are AMAZINGLY mature!! :-P wow, what a little sister you have become....

    ReplyDelete