Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Going to New Zealand

My three year old would like to take me and the family to New Zealand.  I'm not sure exactly what the draw to New Zealand is, except that he might have heard me mention the place on occasion as I did a study abroad there in college.

First, he offered to drive me there in a couple years when he's older.  I informed him that we'd have to go over water and a car would be less than sufficient to do such a thing.  "Don't worry," he said.  "I will drive a boat."  I told him it would take a very, very, very long time.  "It's okay mom.  I will take you there."  Obviously, we have nothing better to do with our time.

Almost daily for the past week, he has made mention of our upcoming voyage to New Zealand.  I'm not sure what he expects to find there, but he is definitely excited for whatever it may be.


File-NZL_orthographic_NaturalEarth.svg.png

There it is.  Forgotten even on most world maps I see....  Our desination.

1 comment:

  1. Well, last night Heidi said she was going to buy you and i wedding dresses so we could be beautiful together. If you would like I'm sure she wouldnt mind if you were to wear it to New Zealand as well!! Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete