Saturday, July 7, 2012

Basil #1



Finally, reaping the harvest!  Okay, in all honesty, we've been reaping a harvest of basil for weeks now, but only "finally" getting around to taking pictures....

I've had such a feeling of satisfaction this year as I planted about 60 basil plants from seed, all of which grew beautifully. I sold about half of them, but don't worry, what's left is plenty for us. :)

Of course the first thing that comes to mind when you think basil is probably basil pesto, right?  In our house it sure is.  My four year old loves pesto; consequently, that's where most of our basil goes.  Every couple of days I get to making pesto again.  He eats tablespoons of the stuff every day, after all.  (On bread, wraps, pasta, pretty much anything bread-y.)

Want some fresh pesto?  Come on over.  I'll only share if you stay a while and chat, though....  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment