Thursday, February 16, 2012

i [heart] my orchid

My husband surprised me this past weekend and bought me a digital single lens reflex camera (DSLR).  I own a film SLR but haven't used it in almost 5 years.  It became difficult to spend money on film developing when I could use our point and shoot digital camera without those same tremendous costs.  My film SLR has been collecting dust in the cabinet while I've gone on, pining for a DSLR.

I'm still amazed that I own such a camera, but, I figure I might as well get some photos taken before the dream fades away, right?  So, today while all the kids were upstairs for 20 minutes in their respective rooms, I grabbed the camera and my favorite flower for a little photo shoot.  My ode to the orchid. :)












 Aren't those zig zags crazy? I just love the interesting patterns that God creates in nature!


No comments:

Post a Comment